Flux was implemented in the Shadow Skylands update alongside the Flux Altar and many other items. However, Flux is not an item, it is a resource similar to Experience. Flux's resource system is more intensive than the Experience system and 2,000 Flux is only 2 levels compared to 30 levels of experience.
Unlike the Experience system, Flux does not have a curve for leveling up. Each level has the same difficulty to level up.
- Similar to Experience, you lose Flux on death and only a percentage is lost (or none is lost) based on your Premium rank.
- Flux's sole use is within the Flux Altar. The Flux Altar is a station that allows the player to create items out of other ones and has several options for the player to allow them decide what they wish to do with their Flux.
- Flux can be used to repair the Blade of the Elysians.
Methods of Obtaining
- You gain Flux through Flux Orbs just like how Experience Orbs increase your Experience. Flux Orbs are obtained when killing a hostile entity that spawns exclusively in the Shadow Skylands, these entities being:
- You can obtain 500-1,500 Flux (0.5-1.5 Levels) by breaking Blue Glowstone.
- You can obtain 5,000 Flux (5 Levels) by breaking Purple Glowstone.
- You can obtain Flux from Aether Orbs which are obtained from Aether Orb Ore and Elysian Dungeons.
- You can also obtain Flux through Flux Bottles that other players have created using an Essence Of Undeath.
Flux Grinders: A Flux grinder is created using Neonic Swet Spawners. This is because this is the only Flux entity whos spawner can be obtained without a special offer. Additionally, Neonic Swets drop Blue Glowstone and Purple Glowstone which grant Flux when broken.